Collection Appeals Programs
Santa Clarita Tax Attorneys with Full Comprehension of the Law
If the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is knocking on your door, looking to collect or levy your property or wages, you might be feeling hopeless. Like so many others before you, it is important for you to understand that you can get help contest or appealing the decisions of the IRS. At RJB Law Offices, our Santa Clarita debt settlement lawyers are available to help individuals and businesses alike stand up to the IRS and secure a stronger financial future.
Call our firm today at (888) 256-8581 and begin seeking a beneficial settlement.
Find a Collection Appeals Process That Works For You
With our support, you can begin to explore numerous IRS collection appeal programs that best serve your financial situation.
The three most common include:
- Collection due process (CDP) - After the IRS has issues an intent to levy your assets, you have only 30 days to request a CDP hearing to contest the levy and offer collection alternatives.
- Offer in compromise (OIC) - You can propose a lesser amount owed than the IRS initially requested by proving your inability to pay without sending yourself into a crippling financial crisis.
- Filing for bankruptcy - In certain cases, if you can prove to the IRS that you must file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, your owed taxes may be reconsidered and adjusted, if not dismissed.
Fight Some of the Most Damaging Forms of IRS Collections
By instituting a proper collection appeal, you can find relief from some of the most common practices the IRS uses to collect money owed.
With the help of a Santa Clarita tax attorney from our firm, you can challenge numerous collection processes, including two of the most common forms:
- Liens - If a property affected by a lien is sold, the IRS can take a portion equal to what they are owed, plus any applicable interest.
- Levies - When the IRS actually seizes a portion of your property to satisfy a tax debt, it has enacted its rights to use a levy.
While you may also be suffering from garnishments imposed by the IRS – such as taking portions of your weekly paycheck – it is not typical for collection appeals processes to affect them. If you would like help understanding garnishments or any other forms of collection processes, contact our firm today to speak to a knowledgeable tax lawyer.
Relief can start now – contact a Santa Clarita tax attorney!
With more than 20 years of experience handling all sorts of finance-related issues, RJB Law Offices can provide you and your business with the guidance you need to get out of your tax troubles. We are proud to say that our focus on our clients’ individual needs and dedication to their claims has earned us an “Excellent” Avvo rating, as well as other impressive accolades.
Need help creating a collection appeal? Start today by requesting a free case evaluation.
“I really appreciate the excellent way and time spent on discussing and enlightening me on the steps to take to ease my financial d ...”- E.H.
“I gave him 5 stars!”- I.S.
“Discussing my situation with Ray was incredibly helpful.”- D.H.